As Sabrinna has gotten older the crazy and funny experiences are happening on an almost daily bases. I have labeled these moments as "Oh Man" moments. These could be anything from sitting on the toothpaste tube when the lid is off and squeezing half the tube all over the floor, or getting up on the counter to get a bowl and the Honeycombs out and then pouring a bowl all by herself, too cutting her own hair. (Yes, all of these have happened in the last week or so.)
I think a big red flag is when it gets quiet. That means trouble so approach with CAUTION. I am sure most mothers with 2 year old's would agree and are having their own crazy times.
I think tonight's 'oh man' moment topped it all. We have been working on potty training. RED FLAG I know! The basic story is that she pooped in her panties. As I was trying to get her undressed she flipped the poop out of her panties and then stepped in it. I got her cleaned up and sent her to her room to stay away from the mess. Since she had stumbled and got poop all over I had a nice mess to clean up. I ran down stairs to get everything to get the mess cleaned up. When I got back she had walked in it again and now it really was everywhere! I did get it all cleaned up and out of the carpet. I am so grateful for Spot Shot!!! The whole time Sabrinna was talking about her belly button and how she wanted to got swimming. Kids are so innocent and fun!!!
5 comments:
Sylvia,
I definitely can relate. We're pottytraining here too. And quiet = WATCH OUT! for sure. I found Kate standing on the dishwasher this morning unloading it. She also took all of the silverware out of the drawer and then dumped it in helter skelter. She took my different colored fancy papers and threw them all over the room. She made a huge puddle on the floor and got a book wet while she was at it. And yes, she smiled innocently and mischievously (is it possible?) through the whole thing.
That is so fun to hear about! My neighbor's little boy pour a whole bottle of bubble bath on her keyboard last week. She was hoping it would dry out...but just threw it away!
That is so funny. I guess I have some good times ahead of me when he doesn't stay where I put him. :)
Oh Man!! That is a funny story. Sorry I missed that one ;) I could picture Sabrina as you were telling that story. Sorry for the mess - makes me want to have kids even more :) - Just kidding. You guys are awesome. I do remember Steve and Sabrina with the "Oh Man" saying every once in a while during the time I have known you guys.
oh my gosh syl that's so funny! that's the kind of story you will get to tell about her to her kids! :) haha the potty training stories are legendary. I'm sorry about the mess!
Post a Comment