Monday, March 30, 2009

Food Storage

Over the last few months I have had a strong desire and impression to work on putting together a better food storage for our family. This last month the Ensign had a lot of talks on Self-Reliance and food storage. Once again reiterating the importance of being prepared. With the economy falling into a bigger recession and more and more people being laid off it causes a lot of concern for me. Even though I have had the desire to be more prepared the motivation to act has not been present.

I decided to make a better go at it. In doing some research on how to get started and how to properly store your wheat, rice, and pasta, I found this web cite. It has a lot of great information and has been very helpful already. I wanted to share my find with you all. What I like about this cite is that they send you an email every two weeks with baby steps of things to do. It takes a year to get your storage put together but it makes it not such an overwhelming process. Which is where I was getting stuck. Where do I start? Obviously some of the things we have already put in place or have in our storage but its nice to be given guidelines and a reminder to keep working at it. ENJOY and good luck!

http://foodstoragemadeeasy.net/

3 comments:

Krystal said...

I laughed when I saw this, because I'm been scouring all three sister sites in the funwithfoodstorage.net (the food storage made easy is one of them) for the past few weeks. I've also felt a HUGE need to get our food storage in place. This site is a HUGE help, and I've been learning a lot! I love their calculators for the 3 month food supply, and the year supply.

Robyn said...

Sylvia, I have been have strong feelings about food storage as well AND I found the same site. I have been working on the baby steps. I love their info!! Thanks for your post!

Mat and Brittena said...

This is an awesome site, to make things simple and easy!! Love it!!