Sunday, June 13, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend Project

Before



After




Over the Memorial Day weekend we put in a fence. The west side of our yard was wide open. Tanner loves to explore! With not having a fence Tanner would roam into the neighbors yard and into the street.

This was a much bigger project then I thought. I am glad it was only one side of the yard and a wing that required a fence. Not only have we loved the privacy of a completely fenced yard but also the safety it offers the kids. Plus, I am rather pleased with our work. Its not perfect but its up.

Here are some pictures of us putting in the fence!




Sabrinna was not paying attention and stepped in the wet cement. It was so funny watching Tanners reaction.


Tanner was right there working along side Steve and I. He would hand us screws, try to pull the trigger on the screw driver, and of course would sneak to the other side when possible. He literately cried when he tried to get out when the last slats were going up and he realized he could not longer roam free.

5 comments:

Katie Groneman said...

Wow! That's some hard work. I'm very impressed. That's so cute that Tanner got upset about his new limits.

Holly said...

I am so impressed too--way to go! Maybe one day Tanner will thank you. Good job!

Robyn said...

Yea for fenced-in yards!!

Eric & Julie said...

Hey Guys, Julie and I love your new blog! The fence looks great too and will sure be nice to add a little privacy. Tanner is really the worker bee, isn't he? Hope all is well, miss you.

Mary Jane said...

Wahoo! It's in! It looks great. That must have been a lot of work and I am sure it feels great to be done.