Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bed Rock!

One of the big projects at our house is putting in a yard. Its a very popular landscaping design here in Fountain to put in rocks instead of grass. Water is very expensive and they have had a terrible drought the last few years, although the last few weeks would seem contrary to that. (We have had rain almost everyday since we moved 3 weeks ago.) We started out with cardboard, also know as dead grass. We had to rake up the grass, even out the dirt, lay weed barrier and then spread 8 tons of rock. We are very pleased with the results. My parents came out to help us and the missionaries were driving by and saw us spreading the rock and helped as well. It made out big project not as over whelming. We now have a bed of rock instead of a bed of weeds.


We are in the process of removing the weeds and dead grass.


With all the cardboard gone.


The finished project! We hope to add some trees down the road but for now its just a major face lift for our house.

1 comment:

Eric DeForest said...

Hey Guys. Wow, awesome pictures!! I'm so happy you had the chance to get the know the area a little bit better in such a short amount of time. I love your new home, very nice! I think about you guys often, you're such a wonderful family! :) I will talk with you later.