Tuesday, December 11, 2007
AHHHH!
Most people know that I do not like bugs, spiders and little creepy crawly things. We have been in Texas now for almost 3 months. I have seen spiders and bugs outside that have been pretty gross. The point is they were outside. Well last Saturday morning I woke up and went into the bathroom. As I flipped on the light I saw a HUGE cock roach scurry across the floor and over towards the bathtub. Of course I screamed for help and was freaking out. He was gone, we could not find him. I was on end all morning. So I started cleaning, I swept the floor and pulled out the vacuum. To make sure the roach had nothing to eat. I was vacuuming when I looked up on the wall and there he was staring at me in all his glory. Steve had just left for a run and would be gone for 30 minutes. What was I to do. I am to big of a whip to kill it myself. So I just watched it. I continued to clean and every couple of seconds I would look to make sure he was still there. When Steve finally got home, which felt like he was gone forever I told him to kill it. Which he did. My night in shining armor. Steve later said it wasn't even that big, he seen lots bigger on his mission, which he served in Argentina. I don't care though the bug scared me and I didn't want it in my house. Luckily that has been the only roach we have seen while in Texas. And hopefully the last, I have been told where there is one there are lots. Only 2 days left!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I totally understand! I would have done the exact same thing. At least you are almost done there. Hopefully you won't have any more of those problems.
Ahh!!! Sara (in our ward) just had the same thing happen. So freaky with cockroaches! Any other bug, and I'd be fine, but something about cockroaches! I think it's a good sign that it was in the bathroom, though, because I hear sometimes they'll just come through the pipes, and hopefully that means there's not a whole army!
2 days left? Are you leaving already?! I thought you were here until January for some reason. Dang...we're just starting to get to know each other!
yuck, yuck, yuck! I remember when my sister Jenni moved back from florida last year, they found LOTS of frozen cockroaches in their stuff. I don't think that would go over too well with me either.
and I've done that. Wait until matt comes back from somewhere to have him kill the spider.
and where are you going in two days? will you still be in the states?
I just had to write again and tell you that today I got assigned to be your visiting teacher! Umm...they're just a little slow. I'm so bummed your gone!
Post a Comment